Let’s start with what is probably the most popular e-commerce site in the world right now. After the boom of a few years ago with the phenomenon of drop shipping, Shopify is currently the undisputed giant of the sector and certainly the first of the alternatives to be considered to create e-commerce on the net in a very short time. It is a paid cloud service, through which it is possible to create a virtual shop without great computer skills. Extremely simple to use, Shopify offers all the necessary features to start quickly and without too many headaches. Here are some of the peculiarities of the basic version of Shopify:
- Configuration of products and catalog
- Payments by credit card, PayPal etc.
- Discount codes management
- Configurable shipping rates and taxes
- Integration with the main social networks
- SEO friendly themes and already suitable for mobile
- Security and fraud protection systems
- Integrated blog
- Import and export files
- Advanced statistics and analysis reports (Finance, sales, etc.)
- Management of abandoned carts
- Ability to do drop shipping (With third-party plugins)
Many other features are also available, which generally vary in quantity and quality according to the plan purchased, with the formula “The more you pay, the more you get”.
Set Here Some Informative Image
If you spend a lot of time browsing Shopify reviews or viewing the top-ranked CRM and online website builders, you will notice that Shopify has many features available.
The question is, what are the most important things you should pay attention to?
We’ve searched for reviews of many of Shopify’s leading online companies and tested the software ourselves to come up with the following list of the most critical components: Shopify:
- Abandoned shopping cart recovery: The average online shopping cart abandonment rate today is about 68.81%. This means that for each 10 7 customers do not leave the store to buy things. Fortunately, Shopify provides automatic email triggers and other tools to help you recover your abandoned shopping cart.
- Automatic shipment calculation: shipping products to customers all over the world? Don’t worry about calculating that complicated shipping costs-just let Shopify work for you! The real-time carrier transportation service calculates the exact shipping cost of a specific product based on the weight of the specific product and the location of the customer.
- Shopify POS machine: You can store your payment online or offline for Shopify, thanks to Shopify’s point of sale system. Read our Shopify POS review for more information.
- Customer Profile: Make sure you always get the best information about your target audience through custom user profiles. This is ideal when you want to segment marketing and sales activities.
- Simple discount codes: Sales and discounts can help increase revenue. Shopify provides a great “bulk discount” solution that allows you to generate discount codes to free shipping, percentages, and amounts.
- Social media integration: If you have a large number of social fans, you can re-create your own Shopify to establish an e-commerce website on Facebook through the “Store” tab. Allow people to buy goods directly from you without having to visit your website.
- Let Shopify delivery services save lives: Shopify provides shipping solutions so you can avoid the time-consuming steps of opening a store, such as transportation, packaging, and loading and unloading.
- Shopify experts: As we mentioned in Shopify reviews elsewhere, you can visit experts to get additional guidance and support in design, programming, marketing, etc. This will ensure that you always get the most from the online store.
If all of these features are not enough to make you excited, which also includes hundreds of professional themes, a complete blog platform, a unique domain name, and an SSL certificate, you can choose from 70 payment gateways, marketing, and SEO support.
Shopify vs mobile e-commerce
What is good Shopify is that you can also manage a lot of operations through the mobile app.
You can perform certain tasks through the Shopify mobile app including:
- Take and upload product photos
- Edit product details, such as pricing
- Add products to the store
- Fulfill orders and provide refunds
- Purchase and print shipping labels
- Get conversion statistics
- View real-time sales information and view real-time traffic
- Receive order notifications (see below)
- Contact members of your team
Design and themes
One of the things Shopify really does is the themes and designs available. The company provides the most professional themes in any e-commerce platform. At the time of writing, there are eight free themes available, and there are more than 60 paid themes (each theme is between $ 160 and $ 180).
Previously there were more topics in the catalog, but Shopify decided to remove old content and only keep modern content optimized for modern audiences and search engines.
That being said, each theme is not only a “single theme”, but actually contains several styles. For example, a theme named Icon has four different styles. These styles are not only different in color scheme, but also in how elements are displayed on the page.
Multiple collections and industry Shopify themed stores are highlighted in it, so we are very confident that you will be able to find something suitable for your business model.
The beauty of Shopify also lies in this: being an e-commerce service in the cloud, there is no need to worry about any updates or maintenance, everything is automatically managed by the site at no additional cost.
How much does Shopify cost? Shopify is a subscription service and as such has a monthly fee. The minimum cost is 9 dollars a month but it allows us to sell only on Facebook. To actually open our digital store, we have to spend at least $ 29 a month by purchasing the “Shopify basic” package. If instead we are a big company and we need all the features that eCommerce can offer we can buy the “Shopify plus” package at a cost of about $ 2000monthly (The rate is variable and it is necessary to request a quote from the staff). Then there are some intermediate packages for small and medium-sized businesses, of $ 29, $ 79 and $ 299 monthly respectively. In addition to the monthly subscription, it is normally necessary to take into account any additional variable costs to be spent to purchase professional themes or other particular features that we will have to add to our shop.
Shopify is probably the best choice if you have a minimum budget available and are looking for a cloud service that takes care of itself, very simple to use and ready to go in the shortest possible time. It is not recommended for companies that seek absolute control over their e-commerce and do not want to depend on third-party platforms, or who need fully customizable, higher-level professional solutions.
- Very simple to use, even for those who do not chew a lot of information technology, internet and e-commerce.
- It is currently the most used globally among cloud services of this type.
- It needs no proprietary server or maintenance.
- It provides all the basic functionality to launch an e-commerce.
- Support 7/7, 24/24 included in the price.
- A monthly subscription is required, at variable costs based on how professional the online shop is.
- Being a service only, the software source code is not available. It is therefore not possible to integrate it with other software systems (CRM, ERP, etc.) nor create new particular functions / pages such as advanced product configurators.
- Once the e-shop is implemented, you remain dependent on the Shopify platform. This means that once the subscription is over, the existence of eCommerce also ceases.
How to prove it
You can try Shopify by subscribing to the 14-day free trial at the link: https://shopify.com/free-trial